The Public Safety Department provides police and fire protection for the City of Greenville and surrounding area. The department maintains a very active training and education program. Consideration is placed on efficient and effective public safety responsibilities performed in all areas of prevention, protection, and service. It is Public Safety’s goal to maintain a high quality personal and professional service to the residents of our community at all times.
LIVE scan fingerprintingLive scan fingerprinting is available Monday-Friday 8:00 am through 4:00 pm. No appointment is needed.
You will need your ID and Live Scan paperwork provided by your employer. The paperwork must be printed out prior to your arrival.
Prescription Drug Drop OffUnused Prescription drop off is now available Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. The drop box is located in the city hall lobby at the Department of Public Safety. Please adhere to the following instructions when using the drop box:
How to Drop
* Leave medication in the original bottle
* Place liquids in a sealable plastic bag
* Place loose pills in a sealable plastic bag
* Cross out your name and address with a marker but do not cross out the name of the medication.
What to Drop
* Expired and unused medications
* Over-the-counter medications
* Medication samples
* Pet medications
* Medicated ointment/lotions/drops
* Unopened Epi-pens
* Liquid medications
What NOT to Drop
* IV bags
* Bloody or infectious waste
* Hydrogen peroxide
* Business waste (nursing/group homes, etc.)
* Empty containers
* Personal care products (shampoo, etc.)
For Public Safety forms & applications click here.