- Planning & Zoning Forms & Applications
- Pre-Development Meetings
- Master Plan
- Planning & Zoning Maps
- Building Department
- Industrial Park
- Marijuana Application
- Fee Schedule
- Home Occupation Application
- Planning & Zoning Application
- Sign Permit
- Site Plan Check List
- Site Plan Review Evaluation
- Site Plan Review Submission Guide
- Special Event Sign Application-for Businesses
- Zoning Ordinance
- Zoning Permit
- Those seeking relief from the current Zoning Ordinance requirements must meet these standards
PRE-DEVELOPMENT MEETINGPrior to beginning any development process in the City, applicants are encouraged to meet with City staff for a conceptual review meeting. This meeting can help promote a smooth approval process once a formal application is submitted. In order to request a conceptual review meeting, please call (616) 754-5645, or reach out via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to make the best use, the following should be known/available:
- Existing use
- Intended development (residential, office, retail, manufacturing, and so forth)
- Preliminary sketches (hand-drawn are sufficient)
- Surrounding land uses
At the meeting, City staff will cover the following:
- Review the proposed use for general conformance with existing zoning
- Provide initial feedback on design (if applicable)
- Identify the correct process (site plan review, special land use, variance and so forth) and walk the applicant through what to expect
- Answer any additional questions you may have pertaining to development in Greenville.
All applications must be submitted at least 30 days before a planning commission meeting.
maps page where you will find the future land use map and current zoning map.
The Greenville Building Department is responsible for administering and enforcing all Building Officials and Code Association (BOCA) and city building codes. Our building inspectors ensure that all structures within the City are constructed safely, and related property is maintained according to minimum code standards. The mission is carried out through the effective enforcement of codes for Building, Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing, Property Maintenance and Signs. These standards are used to measure the quality of new construction, the structural integrity of existing structures and sanitary conditions of buildings and exterior property areas.
Plumbing, Mechanical, & Electrical PermitsFor Plumbing, Mechanical, and Electrical permits, fees, and questions please contact Montcalm County Building Department by calling (989) 831-7394.
* Inspections will be done on Tuesday’s and Thursday’s
Building Forms & ApplicatioN
The City of Greenville Master Plan has been prepared by the City Planning Commission under the provisions of the Michigan Planning Enabling Act, Public Act 33 of 2008, as amended. The Planning Act authorizes municipalities to prepare and adopt a plan for the following purposes:
- To promote the public health, safety, and general welfare;
- To encourage the use of resources in accordance with their character and adaptability;
- To avoid overcrowding of the land by buildings and people;
- To lessen congestion on public roads and streets;
- To facilitate a transportation system, sewage disposal, safe and adequate water supply, recreation and other public improvements; and,
- To consider the character and suitability of land for particular uses.
- Marijuana Application Packet
- Zoning Ordinance Amendments to Permit Medical Marijuana & Adult Use Marijuana
- Zoning Ordinance for the North Lafayette District
- Zoning Ordinance for the North Lafayette District - Amendment
- Zoning Ordinance for the Industrial Park District
- Regulatory Ordinance for Medical Marijuana Facilities
- Regulatory Ordinance for Adult Use Establishments
A flash drive with all the required documents must also be submitted.